Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Best ROI

Can you donate your money and be frugal too?
                   Yes.
You just have to figure out the best use and need for your money.

While I think it's important to save money, it is also important to give with the amount you've saved.  You want to be able to give to the best cause, and to get the most out of your money.  The problem I always face, is that there are so many different causes.  Girl Scouts want an extra dollar for some charity; the grocery store asks me to donate a dollar for breast cancer; my church is raising money missions trips; KONY wants all of my money- and the list goes on.

So how do you know what to do?  I think giving is very important.  If you can afford to give, then it is a necessity.  You need to make sure you give to something you are passionate about though, and something you feel at peace with.  I would just like you to consider a cause that my family has received money from, and in turn, given to as well.

I go to Oral Robert's University, a small Christian college located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  My parents are alumni, and have seen this school go through many hardships and challenges.  Recently, the school has been excelling- having top notch teachers, expanding and remodling campus, and the school is officially "in the black" (meaning they are debt free!).

They have a scholarship for kids who are well rounded in all aspects, calling it the "Whole Person Scholarship".  This is good for students like me.  I don't have the highest SAT scores, but I am very socially adept, spiritually sensitive, and very fit and healthy.  This scholarship is for those students.

ORU is currently raising money for these students.  When donating, always thinking about if you will have a good return on your investment (ROI). Donating to a student's education, and providing them with a way to go to college, is some of the best ROI you can get.

I urge you to check it out.  If not this school, then maybe another one is pulling at your heart.  Education for youth who deserve it but cannot afford it is some of the best ways to donate your money.  Think about it.  What kind of ROI are you getting from your donations?  Donate to where you think the best ROI exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment